Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trying to keep in shape

Reading Alex's blog I remembered some of my physical ailments. My right knee in a cast for six weeks when I was 17 years young, A broken arm at age 9. Now it seems I enjoy almost pain free existence. I'm up to walking six miles a day. I do get some discomfort in my knees, or my hips. And my asthma crops up for brief periods from time to time. However since I'm living in a smoke free house. (Cathy hasn't used in three weeks) I have noticed a decrease in those episodes.
The hike to the meeting at the church in the AM is 2.8 miles. I can do it in 55 minutes. Not really all that slow. I would tell you the MPH, but I'll let you do the math. I tried walking just for the sake of it. Not much happening. I do well if I have a destination. I use Omega three, and Clucosamine Sulfate. These are for joint health. I think they work.
I'm not even sure the AA part of the meeting is the attraction. I just like being with the members, and sharing about our lives. It is such a nice group of people. It's a big part of my social connection.Playing pool on Thursday night with six guys, talking and writing to my friends. Reading all the blogs, It keeps me sane.

1 comment:

Carl said...

About 3.5 miles per hour. Pretty good pace.