Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life up state NY

Having a summer home is neat. I also have a regular home. Living at two locations gives a whole new slant to almost everything in your life. It's as if I have two different departments of existing. Some are similar, others quite unlike. I have a daily meeting in both. But they are not the same. I have projects, daily chores, shopping and all of the mundane minutia. However they take on a new meaning. Is it the place? Is it people? Its hard to describe. Even doing the same thing takes on a strange difference. I actually derive a sense of well being at both places. Some times when I leave NJ for up state, it;s hard to tell if I'm going home or leaving home. I think if I had to chose one or the other as a permanent dwelling, I would be saddened either way. Far too much to give up. I sometimes think I have the best of both. I love my two home existence. I wish you would all come to visit. At either home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It seems a bit like moving. Alan and I are different here in KY than we were in NY because it is a different pace, different people like you say. Its just that most people don't have the luxury of living in 2 places at once!