Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Missing Propane Tank From the Red House

Got a call from Ron Johnson. He is my next door neighbor in Beaver Meadow. Asked me if I forgot to pay my gas bill. "No I said, were still on speaking terms". He said "better call 'em, ask 'em if they took your 100 gallon tank" I did. They said "Not us". Ron moaned "I'll be, someone stole your tank"" Must have been pretty big thieves, that sucker weighs 800 pounds."
Any how the tank is gone. All that's left is the pipes coming out of the house. Ron really feels bad. He took it kinda personal. Likes to think he's watching the place. I told him it's not any one's fault.
He filed a police report. I called my insurance company.I had heard I was in good hands.
Turns out maybe I am. I didn't hear any one say the check is in the mail. But they are working on it. The gas company will set up a new tank. Said just give us a call......and$950 bucks.
I got to thinking. I do have central heat. I might be entitled to a "torpedo". That's a real big tank that lays horizon ally. I will check that out with the gas people. Wonder how much it weighs? The two big guys will have to get some help to lift this one.
Any how that's life at the ""farm". I told Ron I would come up with the gas men. We will get this resolved. Not to worry. When we have visitors, the hot water will be flowing. See you in the spring.

No comments: