Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Florida Escapade

Carl. Russ and myself went off to the south land for a few days. Played 102 holes of golf. Ate out every night at four star eateries. Stayed at a very nice motel. I think it was the Hampton's. Or maybe Fair fields. We always have a great time. The golf was out standing. Played a different course`each day. They both beat me on every round. They invented a game. It's called "beat the How man". They give me the forward tees, or a stroke, or a half stroke. They are writing a book. It's called "If you're losing. change the rules" It's like the song " some times I think I'm winning, but I'm losing again".
I like the expensive golf "country club" style courses. They take your clubs out of the car, put them on the cart, wipe them off at the end of the round. They usually expect a tip. I'm not used to that. In Jersey I play at Tara Greens. Cheap. The guy takes the money. He points to the first tee. You are strictly on your own.
We were in Orlando. That's Spanish for "tourist trap". I forgot to bring a golf hat. They were on sale at the pro shop for 49 dollars. We went to Wal Mart. I got one for 6 bucks.
But through it all we laugh. They say it adds to your life. I may have gotten a few more months on mine. I am looking forward to our next trip. I think were shooting for March. Maybe Carolina.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for your election post on the Stoltenberg blog (doesn't seem we can post comments there...). We are a nation who loves a character-- what other people elect so many actors into office!? I'm going to try my best to enjoy the quiet of the next few, campaign-free years.