Thursday, January 3, 2008

Just a little peek inside {that's all you want}

Gosh Beth, I sure feel sorry for you getting "old". Some guy at the meeting this morning asked what year I was born. I told him 1929. He started laughing. I don't think he ever heard of that year. I am older than dirt. But it's better than the alternative.
Today is pool day. Five of my friends will come over at seven. We play til eleven. We swear, tease each other, tell stories, laugh a lot, and if things go right even shoot pool. I recall playing at New Paltz. Mike and Beth beat me at eight ball. Mike is very good. I'm not too bad either. Beth looked pretty.
Pool is my night for male bonding. My meeting in the morning is my social bonding. Friends are important to me. But it is my family that gives me my foundation.
I was in a blue mood this morning. Ran a bunch of errands in my new truck. That made me feel .0001% better. At home I found my son waiting for me. We talked at some length. Just about guy stuff. I felt 50% now. When he left upon checking my e-mail there was a lovely letter from my daughter Mary. I read it a dozen times. I'm now101%. I answered. Life is good. I worry too much. When I start thinking I'm in enemy territory.
You're peeking too much......................................................The "G"

No comments: